Below are the steps to do a clean uninstall:
1. Uninstall the following components from Control Panel:
- CA PPM Microsoft Project Interface
- CA PPM Schedule Connect
- Open Workbench (if installed) - Note, prior to uninstalling OWB, if you have any custom views for OWB, make sure to save these in a separate folder prior to the uninstall.
2. Clean out the Registry:
- On the workstation, go to Start and type 'regedit' in the search field. Select regedit.exe
- Select File -> Export and enter a File Name to store the back-up of the registry
- Once finished creating a backup, delete the following keys if they exist:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Niku (You may need to drill down to the Wow6432 folder to get to the Niku folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Niku)
Please note that some of the keys may not exist; also, deleting each key will correctly delete all of their sub keys.
3. Go to Add/Remove Programs again and check that there is no trace left of the products that you have removed in step 1
4. Delete the following folders if they are still listed:
- C:\CA\CA PPM MSPInterface
- C:\CA\PPM Setups
- C:\CA\PPM\CA PPM Schedule Connect
Please note that the folder location is dependent on where the MSP Interface was installed:
- If you installed the 32 bit Interface, the folders may be instead found in: C:\Program Files (x86)
- If you installed the 64 bit Interface, the folders may be instead found in: C:\Program Files
5. Clean out Visual Basic:
- In MSP, go to View > Macros > Visual Basic Editor
- Expand ProjectGlobal, Expand Modules
- Delete the modules that start with either CA_ and Niku_ (Right click the module and select 'Remove ...' (Example below)
Click ‘No’ to the message that pops up ‘Do you want to export <Module Name> before removing it?’
–(That is asking if you want to export the files, which is not needed)
- Expand Microsoft Project Objects, Double-click on Thisproject
- Select everything in the right panel and delete it
- Save and exit VB
6. Verify the correct Trust Center Setting is set:
- Go to File > Options> Trust Center > Trust Center Settings
- Make sure "Enable all macros" is selected
7. Reinstall the MSP Interface.
8. If using a proxy, reenter the Proxy Host and Proxy Port in the setup window in MSP. See the steps to renter proxy details found in KB: KB000072865
- Ensure the bit level of the MSP Interface being installed matches that of MSP.
- Also make sure the version being installed is the same version and patch level as that of PPM. It can be found in PPM by going to Home->Account Settings->Software Downloads.