This document shows how to disable the Audit Portmapper. Please Note: You must configure Audit to use fixed ports in order for Audit to operate without a portmapper.
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry.
Before you modify the registry, make sure to create a back up of the registry and ensure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem may occur.
For more information on how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, please review the relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on support.microsoft.com.
- Stop the Audit Log Router service.
- Open regedit and drill down to: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\eTrust Audit Log Router.
- Open DependOnService and remove the entry value for portmapper.
- Click OK.
- Open HKLM\Software\ComputerAssociates\eTrustAudit\RPC
- Replace the data for PortmapName with an empty string value
- Add a DWORD entry named RegisterPort with a Data value of 0.
- Stop the portmapper service.
- In the Portmap service properties change the "Startup Type" to "Disabled".
- Start the Audit Log Router service.