How do I direct the output from the execution of an analysis submitted through the batch processor to a dataset?
The Batch Processor .LIST command will route the output to a dataset as follows:
- Add the 'DDNAME' keyword to the .LIST - .LIST DDNAME(the ddname)
- Preallocate a file that the DD name above will point to as FB LRECL 80.
- DD in the JCL: //OUTPTDD DD DISP=SHR,DSN=TSDUMP.RBP.TESTOUT.FILE
(Can be placed after PTIXMSG)
The .LIST command is included in the Batch Processor control cards: .CONTROL BPID(USERID.DB2.CNTL-RECR) + LOGID(ssid) UNIT(SYSDA) .LIST DDNAME(OUTPTDD) .RESTART OVERRIDE .OPTION ERRORS RETRY(03) BINDERRORS .CONNECT ssid
- Where can the .LIST command be modified?
- In the existing Batch Processor JCL.
- If new, within BP, PREVIEW the JCL that will be executed and add/modify the existing statements.
The dataset will contain the Batch Processor control statements/DDL that have executed and their return codes.
The Batch Processor Guide contains more details about the Commands available.