Issue As a Rally user it would be great if I could setup a Watch List so that the members of my team can subscribe to be notified of changes to items like Defects.
Resolution Here at Rally we set up a "Watch?List" using a custom field. ?The steps below outline how you can accomplish this.
To set up the custom field:
- Go to Setup in the upper right corner?then click on the Workspaces & Projects tab. ?
- Click your Workspace name and click on the Fields link to the left. ?
- You can then choose which Work Products you would like to set up the custom field?
- Go to the Actions button and click New Field. ?You will need to name it and select String as the type
- Now, there is a field titled?'Watch?List' on your Work Product where you can enter your Display Name to receive notification. ?
To set up the notification for the?Watch?List:?
- Click on your profile image and select My Settings
- Click on the Notification?tab
- Go to Actions > New?Notification?Rule. ?
- You can set it up with one condition that states?Watch?List?= Name so you would be notified about anything where you entered your name in the?Watch?List?field. ?Please note that each user must set up their own notification rules in order for this to work.