When I update a field on the Contact or Configuration Item Detail screen, nothing is logged in the [Activities] tab other than the Contact - 'User ID' field. How do I get a 'Field Update' entry in the Activity log for other attributes that have been updated?
Attributes that generate a Field Update' Activity are defined in Activity Associations. By default, only the 'User ID' attribute of the Contact is defined to log a 'Field Update'. All other attributes in Contact and Configuration Item are disabled. In order to enable to other attributes to record 'Field Update' activity log entries, follow the steps below:
- Log into Service Desk and open the [Administration] tab.
- Go to 'Notifications' > 'Activity Associations'.
- From Activity Associations List, click on the <Show Filter> button.
- From the Object Type dropdown list, select "Contact" or "Configuration Item" and then click on the < Search> button.
- Click on the attribute that you would like 'Field Update' activity logged for.
- Click on the <Edit> button and click in the check box 'Log Me' so that it shows the check symbol:
- Click on the <Save> button to save the Activity Association.
Now perform a test, updating a Contact or Configuration Item according to the one that you chose to implement in step #4. Confirm that your field updates is logged in the Activity log.