How can you create Custom Intelli-Rollups or Full Rollup in CA Patch Manager R14 ?
CA Patch Manager - Version R14 GA
In previous version, before R14GA, with the Full Rollups we are able to 'edit' them to exclude certain patches.
This was done, because the Full Rollup package was sent to the agent and then only the patches needed where installed
(This caused a lot of traffic being sent for patches that were not needed).
R14 Intelli-Rollups send a small batch file, that decides what patches are need and then only sends those patches.
Do to this the need to customize patches has been reduced, but there still are cases where people don't want a patch updated or sent to the agent.
How to Edit a Patch:
1. Download the Rollup (intelli-Rollup or Full)
2. Once the patch is in Testing or Approved - Check Patch and Select -> New Based ON .. option on Right-Hand Side
3. The edited Patches names were changed in the SD Library to start with 'CR -' rather than 'CA - '
4. Select the Patches that you want you to keep.
5. Use the arrows at the bottom of the screen above to scroll thru all the patches.
then select Next or Finish, when you have Selected all the patches you want in the Custom patch.
6. The new patch will be created and move directly from Pending User Acceptance -> A ccepted -> Testing -> Distribution and Testing
7. Once it is done you will see the new SD Package in DSM Explorer starting with the CR -