We plan to change our ESP dataset convention and therefore need to copy over the old ESP files to new ones. How should we do it?
If you need change your dataset convention, the easiest way is to rename the current files. However if you can't do that, here is the information on how to move over:
- Files need to copy over using REPRO, they are all VSAM files:
- HISTFILE: this file is only used for REPORT purpose; you may not need to copy this over.
- USERDEF: if the current file is empty, don't bother
- Files that need to copy over with ESP utilities:
- APPLFILE and JOBINDEX: use CYBESUT3, see page 230-231 on "System Programmer's Guide" for all the steps;
- TRAKFILE: use CYBESUT4;
- EXHFILE: it's used for ENCORE, run CYBRMALC to allocate a new file, and run CYBRMCPY to copy over; CYBRMALC and CYBRMCPY are in prefix.SSCPSAME library.
- PDS/PDSE for JCL, ESP Proc, DOCLIB, COPYJCL, SYMLIB, and TEMPLIB: please ask the schedulers for which are the current ones.
- The following files are quite vulnerable; they store information like memory image. You can use IEBGENER to copy over, and the new files should have exactly the same definition as the old ones: