How can I update Asset costs with the IT Asset Manager Data Importer.
Steps to update an Asset cost record via the ITAM Data Importer:
- Set the import tool to automatically create secondary lookup objects from the Tools-advanced settings->check the box to automatically create secondary lookup objects.
- Run the following sql statement against the mdb to enable the costid field as a destination field.
SET api_updatable = '1', api_searchable = '1'
WHERE (attribute_label = 'Cost Id') AND (class_name = 'cost')
Note: The costid must be known to update the cost record. The costid is an integer value in the arg_costdet table of the mdb.
- Extract the costid from the database.
Run an advance search in the UAPM GUI choosing the following fields to display in the results. All of these fields are not needed, but they will help identify the cost records.
asset serial number
asset cost cost type value
asset cost Begin date
asset cost Unit amount
asset cost cost id
- Export the results to csv.
- Incorporate the costid into the source import csv file.
- Use the costid as a lookup key in the mapping.