There are times when it may be necessary to completely remove the ITCM BOXI Universe from your CABI implementation.
This may be because of a bad initial configuration or a corrupt configuration.
In the event that it is necessary to do so, the ITCM Universe can be cleanly removed to allow
for a clean import of the ITCM Universe at a later time by following the steps below.
**Please note that any custom reports created for ITCM will be lost**
How can I Uninstall or Remove the ITCM Universe cleanly from CABI, so that I can reinstall/re-import the ITCM Universe ?
CA Client Automation - All Versions
- Log on the Central Management Console as the Enterprise Administrator account.
- Once logged in, select "Universes" from the side bar, home page, or the drop down menu
- Once in the "Universes" screen, expand the "Universes->CA Universes" tree so that you see the "CA ITM" older. Right click the "CA ITCM" folder and select "Delete" the click "OK" when prompted.
- Next, from the Home Page, Side Bar, or Drop Down Menu go to "Connections"
- Once you are in "Connections" right click on "CA_ITCM" and select "Delete" and select "OK" when prompted.
- Next, from the Home Page, Side Bar, or Drop Down menu, select "Folders".
"Folders" is where the actual ITCM report templates are located.
- Once you are in "Folders", expand the "All Folders->CA Reports" tree so that you can see the "CA ITCM Reports" folder. Right click the "CA ITCM" reports folder and select "Delete" the select "OK" when prompted.
- The last area that will need to be deleted are the User Groups created during the ITCM Universe Deployment.
So from the Home Page, Side Bar, or Drop Down menu, select "Users and Groups"
- Once in "Users and Groups" select "Group Hierarchy". On the right look for the following three user groups and right click and delete each one.
- ITCM Administrators
- ITCM End Users
- ITCM Publishers
- Once these are all deleted, you should be able to redeploy the ITCM Universe, by running the ITCM portion of the installer (Patch # RO21092 for 12.5) and selecting "Install ITCM BIR". For full instructions on how to complete the "Install BIR" option, refer to the ITCM_BIR_Release_Notes_ENU.pdf included within RO21092.
RO21092, can be downloaded from the URL below: