How can I set up CA Harvest SCM to check-in a file with German character sets and Umlaut in the file name?
These two errors appear when a file is checked-in with an German Umlaut in the name:
E03020003: Database error [CAI/PT][ODBC Oracle Dynamic driver][Oracle]ORA-24374: define not done before fetch or execute and fetch SQLSTATE=S1000.
I00060079: Check in summary: Total: 1; Success: 0; Failed: 0; Not Processed: 1.
E03060019: Process Execute failed. Process Name: Check In for Update.
The German Umlaut in the file name is causing trouble during check-in. But CA Harvest Change Manager can show the names correctly in the system and in the Oracle database. How can this error can be avoided and how are the names shown with all German characters?
First check that your environment variables on the broker machine are set with the right language settings for German:
- NLS parameters defined in the Oracle database character set, language, and territory.
(You can check this using select * from v$nls_parameters)
- Environment variable NLS_LANG in the environment that starts the broker.
- Environment variable LANG in the environment that starts the broker.
(The variable NLS_LANG and LANG needs to be set in the environment that starts the broker - this is documented in the Administration Guide Chapter 16.)
The following settings solved this problem to checking German NLS character files:
- Oracle database libhutils.so library NLS_LANG=GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P15 and LANG=de_DE or LANG=de-DE.UTF-8
- Environment which is starting the broker should have the settings LANG=de_DE and NLS_LANG=GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P15 or LS_LANG=American_America.WE8ISO8859P1 also the Broker environment.
- How to set up CA Software Change Manager (SCM) to work non English character sets, such as Unicode characters with an Oracle database.
- International Language, Character Set and Local Settings for Harvest using Oracle.