It has been noted that, whenever a backslash (\) is included within an attribute associated with a Manual Notification, e.g. the Description, the resulting notification as viewed has the backslash removed, e.g:
Notification sent: "Where is the backslash (\)"
Notification viewed: "Where is the backslash ()"
Note: The following information and suggested steps relate to variables used within a Manual Notification, i.e. it does NOT affect hard-coded data that will still need to be altered manually
To send a backslash successfuly requires a double backslash to be added in the Manual Notification at the appropriate place.
The problem is that, since variables are already resolved they cannot be changed.
A suggested method to ensure that double-backslashes are added; to be resolved to a single backslash for viewing is as folows:
IMPORTANT: The following is unsupported but is being provided as a convenience to our customers
- Launch Web Screen Painter
- Select File -> Open, Interface Analyst, form group Default then open nf.htmpl
- Click on the source tab and search for the function initNames()
- At the end of the function add the following two lines just before the closing brace/curly brackets:
var regexp =document.main_form.elements["KEEP.msgtxt"].value;
document.main_form.elements["KEEP.msgtxt"].value = regexp.replace(/\\/g,"\\\\");
Note: This replaces each backslash (\) in the message body of the Manual Notification with two backslashes (\\) where the backslash forms part of the attribute.
- Save the modified nf.htmpl file.
- Select File -> Publish in order to use the modified nf.htmpl file.
To return to the original nf.htmpl behavior:
- Select File -> Delete from within Web Screen Painter.
- Click the nf.htmpl file then delete button.
- Finally select File -> Publish to complete the backing out of the change.