Under certain circumstances there may be a requirement to rename a TPX Session by an individual user.
Background information: A session name is assigned in the ACT table, for the specific applications. This is the global default.
However, if there is a PROFILE or USER override specified, then the session name can be acquired from either of these, as they take precedence. (ACT, PROFILE, USER is the selection order.)
To RENAME a session, a user with administrative authority to maintain other users would perform these steps:
- Select TPXADMIN.
- Select 1 TPX User/Group Maintenance.
- Select 3 User Maintenance.
- Enter the appropriate userID on field: Enter Userid to administer or '?' for list ===>
- Once on the TPX User Maintenance menu, select 2 TPX Session Options.
- Enter the new session name on field Command ===> (for example, Command ===> S NSESSION)
- Enter the 'copy from' session name on field Command ===> (for example, Command ===> COPY OSESSION)
- Enter the new session characteristics as needed and save it pressing F3.
- Delete the old session entering 'd' in front of the old session name.
- Press F3 various times until logged off.
- Log on to the modified userID to verify and test these changes.