Two different TPX systems need to be combined into one system. Have created the new ACT entries to define the new APPLID's on the new system. About 180 profiles in the older system need to be created on new system. Is there a batch extract process that I can use that will dump all of those profiles (in an "ADD TPX PROFILE" format) in a flat file that I can use as input to add those profiles to the new system via batch?
- Reorg ADMIN2 using IDCAMS REPRO to remove the as-deleted marked records.
- EXTRACT GIVING(EXTFILE) PROFILE AND ALL SESSIONS (PIDXNAME (--------))
- This will select all profile records including deleted ones if the reorg is not done first.
- Take the EXTFILE and simply REPRO that into the other ADMIN2 with IDCAMS:
- REPRO INFILE(EXTFILE) OUTFILE(ADMIN2) REPLACE
NOTE: You cannot add the profiles with something like ADD PROFILE USING(EXTFILE). It will not work. With this command you can add profiles to users and the EXTFILE must contain user record. The only way is really to REPRO the EXTFILE into ADMIN2.