Customers may need to know if there are any compatibility issues to consider for CA Mainframe products when upgrading to new releases of OEM software such as z/OS, CICS, DB2, etc. or hardware such as z/Enterprise Machines.
CA Support Online does offer such a compatibility matrix.
We are upgrading to a z/14 machine. How can I find any compatibility information for CA Common Services for z/OS and my other CA Mainframe Products?
Executing various CA Mainframe products in a z/OS environment and upgrading to a z/14 machine or other OEM software such as CICS, DB2, or z/OS.
CA Support Online does offer a compatibility matrix for information on OEM hardware and software and CA Mainframe products.
Once signed in to CA Support Online, there are two methods to access the matrix.
*** Please Note ***
Although a z/14 machine is specifically referenced, these methods are valid for various OEM software and hardware for any supported CA Mainframe product.
- From the home page, scroll down to view “Alerts”
- Choose “>Compatibility and Lifecycle Information”
- Click on the link for 'CA Maintenance Compatibilites' in the lower left center
- You will now be presented with a series of links for different software packages such as CICS, DB2, z/OS, etc. You will also see links for different hardware such as z/Enterprise Compatibility which contains the information for z/12, z/13, z/13s, and z/14 machines. Choose the category you are interested in.
- Enter the CA Mainframe product name in the search box and the matrix will display the information you need for any supported release of the CA product.
- From the home page, choose 'Product Information >'.
- On the next display, click on 'CA Mainframe Installation and Maintenance Tools >' beneath the dropdown box and "Don't find your product listed?"
- Click on the link for 'CA Maintenance Compatibilites' in the center column beneath "Upgrade Services"
- Follow steps 4 and 5 above.