Follow these steps to create a package (zip file) with all published solutions:
Logon to CA Support Website
- Click HOME, then click DOWNLOAD MANAGEMENT
- Select Solution Downloads Tab
- Type CA Endevor Software Change Manager MVS to filter search results then hit enter
- Click on a Release Number
You will be directed to solution details page where you will have to fill these fields:
- Select a Release from the drop-down list, for example 18.0 or 17.0
- Select a Component from the drop-down list, for example CA Endevor Software Change Manager (or all if you use EINE - Integration for the Natural Environment)
- Select a Service Pack accordingly, for example - INC00 for 18.0 or S1412 for 17.0
- Leave Date field and High Fix field blank.
- Choose 100 from the Solutions Per Page drop down list
- Click FILTER
List of Published Solutions will appear on the lower part of the page:
- Check the blue Add All to Cart button
- Click on CART on right top of the page to view the Cart on the Cart Download page
- A complete PTF package with all dependencies(co-reqs,pre-reqs,etc) may be requested by specifying "YES" for "Complete Package"
- At the bottom of the page you have the Checkout section where you fill your email address and click on Checkout
- You will get an email when your cart package is ready for download
Download the ZIP file into an USS directory on your z/OS system (sample JCL here)
Once you have the .zip archive you can use the CAUNZIP utility to convert the .zip file into a SMPNTS file structure that the SMP/E RECEIVE FROMNTS command can process. The JCL to run the CAUNZIP utility is in CA Common Services yourHLQ.CAW0JCL(CAUNZIP).
CA Concatenate is the alternative to CAUNZIP in case the FTP download to an USS directory is not possible or desired. It is a Windows utility that allows you to concatenate binary(.bin) or text(.txt) files thus reducing the number of files that need to be uploaded to the mainframe. check TEC562008 for more details.
You can download the ZIP file to a PC, unzip the package and use CA Concatenate to build a binary file containing all PTFs, ready to upload to the mainframe (DCB information when defining the receiving dataset on the mainframe: RECFM=FB, LRECL=80, BLKSIZE=6160.)