Steps on how to determine the number of flows per minute entering a Harvester.
- RDP into the Harvester and navigate to the
- Refresh the page regularly until you see a new .tbn file enter this directory (a new file should be created each minute, but the NetQoS Reaper service will remove it for processing very quickly).
- Divide the size of the file by 64 to obtain the number of flows per minute.
Alternatively, you can run the NFAParser or now NAST tool and select
1min to get the FPM and interface count.
A standard harvester can handle a max of 1000 interfaces with 4 million flows per min based on the hardware (this info comes from the admin guide).
The same is true for a standalone. A super harvester with more robust hardware can handle more interfaces/flows.
- A standard Harvester with 1000 total interfaces can support 4 million flows per minute. This value will vary with the number of interfaces, aggregations, application mappings, and Custom Virtual Interfaces present in the RA system. Note: This value applies only to systems using the latest hardware.
- A Super-Harvester can support the following numbers of flows per minute, depending on the number of interfaces recognized by the Super-Harvester:
500: 9 million fpm
1000: 8 million fpm
2000: 7 million fpm
5000: 4 million fpm
These values will vary with the number of interfaces, aggregations, application mappings, and Custom Virtual Interfaces present in the RA system. Note: These values apply only to systems using the latest hardware.