This is the typical way to delete a usergroup from APM CE:
To delete a user group:
- Select Administration > User Groups.
- On the User Groups tab, select the check box for the user group that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
But the approach only allows deleting 25 users (on one page) at a time. Is there a way to do a batch delete of a large group of users (Such as 275,000)?
By design, only 25 users or usergroups can be deleted at a time,. However, one can customize the UI pages to allow deleting more users or usergroups at a time.
Here are the instructions for deleting 1000 (or any number) of users.
- During non-business hours, login as root and open the following UI page:
" vi /etc/wily/cem/tess/tomcat/webapps/wily/WEB-INF/jsp/userList.jsp
[To delete users]
" vi /etc/wily/cem/tess/tomcat/webapps/wily/WEBINF/jsp/userDefGroupList.jsp
[To delete usergroups]
" vi /etc/wily/cem/tess/tomcat/webapps/wily/WEB-INF/jsp/userSearch.jsp
[To delete users from search operation]
- Search for pagesize= in the above file and change the value from 25 to 1000 and then save it.
- After deleting the users/usergroups, please revert the changes(i.e. set value back to 25)
- As a last step, restart the EM to clear the cache.