How can I delete a large number of items from the inventory?
Get a restful web client like:
Example used to get the list of devices (NOTE: method will be GET):
(example to enter in the URL field: http://im3rh5u6da:8581/rest/devices)
Create a list of devices that you want to remove by searching for their ID numbers then change your method to POST:
Make sure your Body has application/xml; charset=UTF-8
Then insert the below into the body:
After running you should see the results with an <Error>SUCCESS</Error> for each ID.
You can delete discovered devices. For example, you can delete a discovered device if you want to stop monitoring it.
When you delete a device, the following results occur:
All of the associated device components are deleted.
- Historical data on the deleted devices and device components is no longer accessible.
If any existing discovery profiles are rerun, the deleted devices can be discovered again.
Follow these steps:
Click Monitored Devices from the Monitored Inventory menu for a Data Aggregator data source.
The Tree View tab displays.
- Select the Search tab.
Do not use the global Search box at the top of the page.
- To search for the monitored device you want to delete, enter text in the local Search box. You can search by host name, by device name, or by IP
address. You can enter a partial name or IP address to return a list of devices that contain that partial match.
Wildcards and regular expressions are not supported.
A list of matching devices is returned.
- Do one of the following steps:
- Select the single monitored device or multiple devices that you want to delete and click Delete.
- Delete all of the devices in the results list by selecting the checkbox that appears next to the Name column and clicking Delete.
A confirmation dialog opens.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
The devices are deleted and are no longer visible in the Monitored Devices inventory. If another data source is not managing these devices, the devices no
longer appear in the Inventory view or as members of groups the next time Data Aggregator synchronizes with CA Performance Center.