Many Service Desk administrators at site which have multiple CA products integrated with CA Service Desk complain about the problems they face when trying to identify the NSM / DSM generated tickets.
Here is an example where in we try to customize the scoreboard in manner that it lists the NSM generated tickets separately.
- Log onto Service Desk as an administrator.
- Click on 'Service Desk' tab
- Click on File -> Choose 'Customize Scoreboard' .
- Now, on the left hand side of this window (Under 'Select Item' ) click on Administrator (see Figure 1):
- In the Text box named 'Add New Node' Type - NSM GENERATED TICKETS (see Figure 2):
- Click on the look up link - 'Node's Stored Query'. (see Figure 3):
- This will open the Stored Query Search Page for you.
- Click on the button 'Create New'
- Give a Code, Label name and describe the Stored Query (see Figure 4):
- Select the Type from the Drop Down as - 'Request' (see Figure 5):
- Now the most important part the Where Clause - Type the following in the field (see Figure 6):
Where '195E4197F20E634DBAC8B79341D696D1' is the 'contact_uuid' of the specific analyst.
In the above case it is for the NSM agent i.e. 'System_NSM_Generated'.
- Now Click on Save .
- Once back on the Customize Scoreboard Window , click on 'Add New Node' button.
- Now Click on Finished button.
- Log out and log back in.
- Once back to the Service Desk, click on 'Update Counts' button. You can see the tickets that have been generated by NSM (see Figure 7):
Note: This is applicable even in case say a manager wants to have a list of number of tickets opened by each the Analysts within his team / Group whichever applicable.