I can 'CAF PING' and 'CAMPING' the Scalability Server from the Domain Manager and vice-versa. NSLOOKUP to the
Scalability Server and the Domain Manager works fine in both directions. This document details what steps can be
taken to resolve issues related to CA Client Automation Scalability Servers where Asset jobs are failing.
What can be done to fully reset the Scalability Server and make it functional?
CA Client Automation - All Versions
Important: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to create a back up of the registry and ensure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem may occur. For more information about how to back up, restore and edit the registry, please view the relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on support.microsoft.com.
The following procedure is probably the most efficient way to wipe out and reset a Scalability Server installation (even more so than a reinstall) to get things working without a reinstall:
- Run 'cserver reset' (deletes all the SS info from the mdb)
- Run 'cserver unregister' (deletes all the SS info from the DSM Explorer)
- Stop CAF on the SS using 'CAF Stop'
- Delete the Sector folder within '%sdroot%\..\ServerDB'
- Delete the SS entry/machine from the DSM Explorer - under 'All Computers' & 'All Scalability Servers'
- On the SS, delete the HostUUID key.
On a 32-bit Windows OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\HostUUID
On a 64-bit Windows OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ComputerAssociates\HostUUID
On UNIX/Linux: Delete the file /etc/cadmuuid
- Run 'sd_sscmd addshare sdlibrary'
- Run 'sd_sscmd addshare msilibrary'
- Start CAF using 'CAF Start'
- Run 'CAF start amagent args //rescan_software //rescan_hardware //collect'
- Run 'CAF register all'
- Run 'cserver register -a'
- Confirm that the SS appears under 'All Scalability Servers'.
- Make sure that the Engine collect job runs successfully and the SS agent will subsequently appear under 'All Computers'.
- Test the functionality with other agents pointing to it. .
**Note: the SS agent won't reappear until the first collect job has run successfully.