By Default the Software Contents Download job is configured to run once a day.
In certain environments there may be a need to run the Software Content Download Job more frequently but setting the task to run always causes the job to fail with 'Connection Rejected' or 'Attempt to connect to the content server too frequently' errors.
How can I get Content Download job to run hourly?
CA Client Automation - All Versions
You should be able to run the content job every hour and not have the problems contacting the content server too often.
The problem is that in an engine, there is only a one minute wait between jobs and you cannot configure the content job to go hourly.
However, this can still be accomplished by creating a new Engine instance under Control Panel->Engines->All Engines:
- Right click on the 'SystemEngine' and select 'Create new instance'. Give the Engine a name like 'Content_Download'. (Refresh the Engines view so you can see it).
- Unlink the Content Job from its current Engine by clicking the red 'X' to the right of the job in the Engine task display.
- Right-click on your new Engine and select 'Properties'.
- Click on the 'Advanced' tab and change the value (default 60) for 'Time interval in seconds between engine jobs' to 3600 and click ok.
- Right-click on the Engine and select 'Link existing task' and add the 'Software Contents Download' job to this Engine.
- Click on the job and change the default scheduling to run always with no restrictions.*
*Normally doing this would cause the job to run continuously, but since we have configured the engine to wait 3600 seconds between ALL jobs, this job will only run once per hour.