The menubar entries can be modified using Web Screen Painter.
To modify a current menubar:
- connect to Service Desk as Administrator,
- click on Administration, security and Role Management, Role Management, Role List
- in the list of roles select the involved role
- in the details of the role, click on tab ‘3.Resources’
- in subtab ‘1.Tabs’ click on the Tab containing the menubar that needs to be modified
- in the details of this tab, click on the value in the field ‘Menu Bar’
- take a note of the name in field ‘HTMPL Name’
- open WSP
- click on File, Open and open the menubar having the name equal to the name in field ‘HTMPL Name' found previously
- with that specific menubar opened, click on Tools, ‘Menu’ Designer’
- in it changes to menubar can be done.
- to add new entries, click on the place, inside the list of entries, where you want to add it
- click on Insert
- at least Caption and Function have to be set; for the appropriate function, you can refer to other menubars where the same entry is already present
- when all the changes have been done, Save and then Publish
- refresh the webcache: pdm_webcache -H
- if needed clean the browser cache; there is no need to recycle the Service Desk service.
Login and test if everything is ok.