How can I add a Custom Attribute to a Blueprint in the New User Experience (UX)?
This applies to the New User Experience in CA PPM
In order for custom attributes to be available in a blueprint, they need an API Attribute ID which is added in the CA PPM Classic UI. See below for the steps on how to do this:
1. Log in to the Classic UI
2. Go to Administration->Objects->Project->Attributes
3. Click on the custom attribute
4. Enter an API Attribute ID value and save
To add the custom attribute to a Blueprint:
1. Go to the New UX and navigate to the Blueprints section
2. Click on a custom Blueprint. The custom attribute should now be visible in the Fields section of the Blueprint.
3. Once you add the custom attribute to the Blueprint, it will then show in the projects associated with that Blueprint.
Exception: API Attribute IDs for the following attribute data types are not supported and these field types are not able to be added to Blueprints. This is referenced in the Blueprint documentation at: Edit Blueprint Details, Visuals, and Modules
- Custom time-scaled value (TSV)
For detailed information on getting started with Blueprints, reference New User Experience: Configure Project Blueprints
Reference KB000092718 - In the New UX, Unable to add Custom Attributes to Blueprints for information due to a defect fixed in 15.3 patch 1 (and higher)
Reference KB000073215 - In the New UX, Some Attributes Cannot Be Added To Projects for limitations on attributes that cannot be added to Blueprints
Reference KB000093171 - What are the known New User Experience (UX) defects?
Reference KB000093166 - Where can I find New User Experience (UX) knowledge documents?