How can I add a Custom Attribute to a Blueprint in the CA PPM New UX?
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA PPM STUDIO:PPMSTU
How can I add a Custom Attribute to a Blueprint in the New User Experience (UX)?
This applies to the New User Experience in CA PPM
In order for custom attributes to be available in a blueprint, they need an
API Attribute ID
which is added in the CA PPM Classic UI. See below for the steps on how to do this:
1. Log in to the Classic UI
2. Go to Administration->Objects->Project->Attributes
3. Click on the custom attribute
4. Enter an API Attribute ID value and save
To add the custom attribute to a Blueprint:
1. Go to the New UX and navigate to the Blueprints section
2. Click on a custom Blueprint. The custom attribute should now be visible in the Fields section of the Blueprint.
3. Once you add the custom attribute to the Blueprint, it will then show in the projects associated with that Blueprint.
API Attribute IDs for the following attribute data types are not supported and these field types are not able to be added to Blueprints. This is referenced in the Blueprint documentation at:
Edit Blueprint Details, Visuals, and Modules
Custom time-scaled value (TSV)
For detailed information on getting started with Blueprints, reference
New User Experience: Configure Project Blueprints
In the New UX, Unable to add Custom Attributes to Blueprints
for information due to a defect fixed in 15.3 patch 1 (and higher)
In the New UX, Some Attributes Cannot Be Added To Projects
for limitations on attributes that cannot be added to Blueprints
- What are the known New User Experience (UX) defects?
- Where can I find New User Experience (UX) knowledge documents?
Was this information helpful?