This document explains the steps required to create a scheduled report based off of a query that is defined in the DSM Explorer.
Below details how to create a simple query and then using the CA Client Automation DSM Reporter screen create and schedule a report based off that Query.
CA Client Automation- All Versions
1. Create a new query in the dsm explorer in this example we will look for Software Delivery Agents running Version 14.
In DSM Explorer right click on Queries and select new Query this opens the new target popup box
2. Select Computers and click OK which opens the Query Designer Screen
3. Select General Information > Computer
4. Double click on Computer which brings up the Select Field screen and choose Agent Component
5. Select Component and choose SDAgent and the desired version to search for and click ok
6. Click ok and Name the Query for example agents and now it should show up under All Queries section of the DSM Explorer.
7. Now Open DSM Reporter screen from the menu item at the top of the DSM Explorer screen
8. Once the Report screen Opens right click on Report Templates and select New
9. On the Report Template screen choose Asset or User and click ok
10. On the general tab name the report in this example agent and then select the Query tab
11. In the Query tab select DSM Query
12. Locate the Query you created in this case "Agents"
13. Now the report should appear in the DSM Reporter screen
14. Right click on the Agent report and select Schedule Report select scheduling tab
15. Click on Set Scheduling tab
16. On scheduling tab select how and when to run Report
On the Conditions tab set the desired configuration options and click ok , click ok again
17. You will get a popup asking if you want to link job to an engine
Click Yes and select the engine you want to run the scheduled report and click OK.
You report is now scheduled to run at the interval you configured. This report should show up under the scheduled reports section of the DSM Reporter screen.
For more information on using the CA Client Automation DSM Reporter or creating queries please review the CA Implementation guide which can be located at this website: