How can someone be notified when an Idea is created?
Below are the steps on how to set up an idea creation notification through creating a process:
1. Go to Administration->Data Administration->Processes
2. Click New to create a new process
3. On the Objects tab, click 'Add Primary Object'
4. Select 'Object Type' of Idea. (If using multiple partitions, ensure the partitions that the process should be used with are selected, by defining in both Partition and Partition Association Mode)
5. Click 'Save and Return'
6. Go to the 'Start Options' tab and change the Start Option to 'Auto-start' (Start event should be Create)
7. Click 'Save and Continue'
8. Go to the Steps tab and click 'New Step'
9. Add a name for the step in Step Name (Example "Idea has been created") and Step ID, then click Save
10. In the Notifications section, select the user you want to send the notification to
11. Under Post-conditions, click the 'Select Step' link under 'Then Go To' column
12. Click the Finish checkbox and click 'Add'
13. Click 'Save and Return'
14. Click on the 'Start Step' tab and and under Post-conditions, click the link to 'Select Step' under 'Then Go To'
15. Check the check box next to 'Idea has been created' and click 'Add'
16. Click 'Save'
17. Go to the Validation tab
18. Click 'Validation All and Activate'
To make sure you get the process notification:
1. Go to Home->Personal->Account Settings
2. Go to the Notifications Tab and ensure that Email is checked for Processes (or other preferred notification types for Processes)
Now, when a new idea is created, notifications will be sent for the user(s) assigned in Step 10 above.