How can a query be constructed to return all agents existing in a specific IP range?
CA Client Automation - All Versions
The steps for constructing the query to return all agents in a specific range are detailed below.
Note: The following IP range will be used to demonstrate the steps required:
184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11
- Create a new query by right clicking on Queries and selecting 'New'.
- Double click on 'Computers'.
- In the Query Designer window that comes up, select Inventory-Discovered Inventory. Expand Inventory-General Inventory-Network-IP Address.
- In the operator pull-down at bottom, change the '=' symbol to 'LIKE'.
- Enter the first value which in this case would be 18.104.22.168.
- Click ok and yes to the Add inventory prompt.
Note: Ignore the warning message each time; it is ok that no Boolean identifier is being used for these items.
- Click 'OR' under the 'Boolean Operators' section and then browse again to Inventory-Discovered Inventory, etc.
- Add the next value for the argument. We have only accounted for '.29' at this point and we still need to account for .30 through .120. We can do this by repeating the process for the above line; where we pasted in 22.214.171.124, and replace the previous value with the following:
141.202.148 .[ 3-9][0-9] - This searches .30 to .99
126.96.36.199[0-1 ][ 0-9] - This searches .100 to .119
188.8.131.52 - This accounts for .120
The following figure demonstrates the final product: