How are SANM policies created stored on in a Distributed (DSS) env
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
How are SANM policies created stored on in a Distributed (DSS) env?
The below is an explanation as to SANM policies are created and stored in a DSS env:
Policies are getting saved to landscapes with which AlarmNotifier applications are associated.
1. When Policy_Landscape is empty:
- All three AlarmNotifier applications are running and points to MLS only. And we are allowed to create policies on MLS only.
- If we are decommissioning any of the SpectroServers except MLS then policies wouldn’t be lost, since all are saved to MLS only.
2. When Policy_Landscape is set to respective landscape in .alarmrc :
- All three AlarmNotifier applications are running and each is attached to it’s respective landscape.
- For example, when the “POLICY_LANDSCAPE=<respective landscape>” then we could see that, each application is pointing to it’s own landscape.
- When we create policy on any of these landscapes then it is saved to that particular landscape.
- In this case, if we decommission any of the SS ,then the policy which is saved on that SS is also deleted.
When SS2 is decommissioned, p3(saved to SS2) got deleted.
3. When Policy_Landscape is set to single landscape
- All three AlarmNotifier applications points to single landscape.
- For example When the “POLICY_LANDSCAPE =SS2”, then we could see all applications are pointing to SS2 and also all policies are saved to SS2.
- If we decommission SS1 none of the policies are lost.
- If we decommission SS2 all policies would be deleted since it is saved to SS2.
Was this information helpful?