Hiding an Objects tab in APM/ITAM?
Can I remove a tab and the Objects view from users?
You can hide a tab when users should not be able to see a particular tab or object.
To hide a tab in Asset Portfolio Management:
- Click the tab and optional sub-tab for the object access that you want to configure.
- On the left, click CONFIGURE: ON.
- The configuration for this object is enabled and can be configured.
- In the Configuration Information area of the page, specify the information for the new global or local configuration, or select an existing configuration that you want to change.
Important! Global configuration changes affect all users, regardless of their role. Local configuration changes only affect users in the roles assigned to the selected configuration.
- On the tab, click the Access Granted icon.
- The Access Denied icon appears for the tab.
- Click Save Configuration.
When you assign a configuration to a role, users in the role cannot see the tab.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to hide the object tabs, you must create a configuration for every asset type and in each of the configurations specify that the specific object tab be hidden. Then, assign all the configurations to a role.
If there are 30 asset families, 30 configurations are needed to hide the object tab.
If one role needs multiple tabs hidden, that involves the creation of multiple configurations for each tab.