What is needed to do an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization)?
Some older NetQoS products were shipped with NetQoS provided hardware, including Multi-Port Collectors and Gigastor systems. This article explains what information customers should provide to CA Support when a CA supplied hardware fails.
CA supplied hardware
CA Support will need the following information to perform an RMA on any NetQoS appliance. Failure to provide all the information asked below will result in a delayed RMA. This information is required for any RMA, including RMA's that result in parts replacement.
- Version of CA software loaded on the appliance.
- General description of what is wrong (error message if any).
- Shipping Information (Contact details).
- Any special instructions (Replacing Raid drives if applicable).
- For GigaStor Contact Shipping Address (where you want the replacement shipped to).
- Type of Unit.
- Serial Number.
- Serial Number of Hard Drive (for Hard Drive Replacement only).
- Size of Hard Drive Reason for Request.
- Description of Issue.
- Drive Slot Drive Manufacturer Serial Number of Drive Chassis
Source Support Services - Warranty Services Programs
MBX Standard - Warranties and Service Levels