1. Launch GTDatamaker. Enter your credentials and get to the home page.
2. Go to Tools -> Maintain Seed Data.
3. Click on the Green plus icon on the left hand side on the top.
4. A "New Seed Data Type" page will pop up.
Enter seed data name in the "Data Type Name" box, number of columns, and the names of the columns along with example data in "column value".
Click on the green tick button.
5. Your seed data will now appear in the middle pane ready for import. Click on the "Seed Data from CSV" button, which is the second button on the top right hand side of the page.
If the CSV file contains Latin characters and non-ASCII, like …
Krüger & Busse
and the encoding is ANSI, the data that gets imported will be garbled. When we convert this file to have UTF-8 encoding, the data will go in as expected.
You can change the encoding in notepad++ . See the screenshot below for reference.