The way to determine if you are experiencing this problem is to take a look at the following:
The models this is happening on are of modeltype GnSNMPDev
The polling status is set to True
The events show that contact was made to the device (Event 0x10301) and in the same exact second, the event stating that contact has been established but polling has been turned off is generated (Event 0x1030c).
Here is an example:
Mar 25, 2009 9:38:00 AM EDT Polling has been turned off by Model <model name> of type GnSNMPDev. System 0x1030c
Mar 25, 2009 9:38:00 AM EDT Model <model name> of type GnSNMPDev has been contacted. System 0x10301
This issue is due to corruption in the catalog. Standard procedures of saving, initializing and reloaded the SpectroSERVER database will not resolve this issue. You will need to do a models only load:
1. Shut down the SpectroSERVER
2. In the Spectrum Control Panel (SCP), click on the Save button and save the database in the <SPECROOT>/SS directory. If you cannot access the SCP, you can navigate to the <SPECROOT>/SS directory and run the following command: ../SS-Tools/SSdbsave -cm <name_of_file.SSdb>
3. From the SCP, select File -> Initialize to Legacy Database and click ok when it asks you if you are sure you want to initialize. If you cannot access the SCP, you can navigate to the <SPECROOT>/SS directory and run: ../SS-Tools/SSdbload -il legacy
4. Once complete, navigate in a shell window to the <SPECROOT>/SS directory and run the following command:
../SS-Tools/SSdbload -m <savefile from step 1>
5. Once the models have reloaded, restart the SpectroSERVER..
GnSNMPDev models are showing an event indicating that contact has been established but polling has been turned off (Event 0x1030c)
Polling has been turned off by Model 505 GH LAB UPS of type GnSNMPDev. System 0x1030c
Models are automatically going grey (suppressed). Polling interval is 300 seconds and polling status is true.
Causes of this problem:
This is due to database corruption.
(Legacy KB ID CNC TS31263 )