In addition to the logonid IDLE value and the TIMEOUT value, the applicable CA ACF2 CICS parameter option values are:
INTIIAL TERMACT = ACFA timeout action (transaction)
TERMLOCK = ACFL idle for pseudo conversational tasks
TERMSCAN = ACFT inactive terminal scan
OPTION TIMEOUT = 5
VERIFY IDLE = YES verify password on terminal idle time
INACT = PROMPT issue password PROMPT or force a SIGNON
For IDLE processing, the terminal must have been inactive for at least the IDLE time value (minutes) in the logonid record before the IDLE password prompt (or forced signon) occurs. Note that the password prompt (or forced signon) does not actually occur until the next terminal action occurs (e.g. hit enter).
- minimum time = 30 minutes
- maximum time = 65 minutes (minus a few seconds, before a "timeout" would occur)
- Note: a "timeout" may occur prior to 65 minutes, depending on when the TERMSCAN transaction (ACFT) runs
Timeout processing is driven by the combination of the TERMSCAN transaction (ACFT) and TERMACT transaction (ACFA). The TERMSCAN transaction (ACFT) runs on an interval basis, determined by the OPTION TIMEOUT value, in this case every 5 minutes. For a terminal to be considered eligible for "timeout" process, it must have IDLE for 2 times the IDLE value (from logonid record). Then the TERMACT transaction (ACFA) is started to signoff and return the terminal to VTAM.
- minimum time = 60 minutes (plus at least 1 second, for TERMSCAN to run)
- maximum time = 65 minutes (minus a second, the timeout occurs within a TIMEOUT interval)