The section of the HOLDDDATA in fix RO87683 titled To configure NMI in NetMaster describes in detail what is needed to make the HFS code available to the MTC-NM.
This is a more concise explanation to correct the specific error that is occurring.
1. Verify the name of the HFS that you are using on this LPAR for the Netmaster region.
If you copied it over from the SMP environment, be sure to use the correct name for your local environment.
The HFS was created by updating and running job C2DSEDIT distributed in the CC2DSAMP library.
The default HFS name created is /cai/CASoftware
The resulting SMP/E target would then be '/cai/CASoftware/CC2DHFS/DL76/nmInterface'.
Your name may be different or much longer, but the last 3 segments will match what is shown in the above line.
2. Verify what TESTEXEC member you are using during region initialization.
- If you are not sure, issue CMD from the command line in Netmaster to access the Command Entry screen.
- Issue SH PARMS
- you will see something like this: PRI=NETMST,NMDID=NM01,XM=BEST,INIT=NMINIT,READY=NMREADY,SSID=NMSS,DSNQLCL=CAI.NETM,......
Use this value in step 4. The default value for INIT is NMINIT.
3. Still in the Netmaster region, issue =/DATASET
4. On the command line issue LOC and on the Member Name field use the value from INIT (usually NMINIT)
5. On the resulting screen find the first data set where that member is located:
,B/S=Browse E=Edit D=Delete M=MemList P=Print R=Ren
VV.MM Created Changed ID DatasetName
01.07 17-FEB-2014 13-JUL-2015 00:41 USER03 CAI.NETM.TESTEXEC
Not Found CAI.NETM.NMC1.CC11EXEC
6. Select that line with E to edit.
6. Using the HFS name from step 1, add the following line to the member.
We advise adding this as the last uncommented line in the member to prevent causing problems due to the
7. Use PF3 (File) to save and exit the member.
8. Cycle your Netmaster region to validate the changes.
9. Go to /PARMS WEBCENTER to get the URL.
10. Plug it into your browser and verify that it works.
If you are still experiencing problems after following these steps, please contact support.