After installing the MSP Interface and CA PPM Schedule Connect for Clarity I am getting a VB Run-Time Error '53' when opening a project to Microsoft Project.
Clicking on Debug for the error the following was highlighted in the code:
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to project in PPM
- Click the "Open in Scheduler" drop down on the Project Properties or Tasks tab
- Select Microsoft Project [Read-Write] or Microsoft Project [Read-Only]
Expected Result: Project opens successfully in MSP
Actual Result: The following error appears in MSP: Run-time Error '53' and the project does not open.
The Microsoft .Net Framwork installed on the workstation is not on the correct version.
- Go to the Control Panel's Programs List and check for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
- If it is not already installed, it can be downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851.
- For PPM 14.x, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 or 4.5.2 also work. If multiple versions are installed, uninstall all but one to resolve the error.
- Different versions, such as Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile or Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended, may not be compatible with the MSP Interface. Uninstall them and install the correct version to resolve the error.
Reference TEC1500655 : For resolution of the Run-time Error '53' due an issue with Visual Basic Modules in MSP.