You may see this error particularly when using a version of CABI 3.2 that was downloaded and installed with another CA product such as CA Service Desk Manager:
Error: Failed to open the connection
The reason for this is that the version of CABI for use with Spectrum ( CA Business Intelligence r3.2 for Spectrum IM r9.2 for Windows DVD 1 of 3 DVD03144447E.iso) contains post installation scripts that need to be run in order for Spectrum Report Manager (SRM) reports to work correctly.
While we would always recommend to use the version of CABI 3.2 available with Spectrum if this is not possible the alternative is to manually execute these post installation scripts manually.
It is still required to download the version of CABI 3.2 for Spectrum in order to extract and run the scripts as follows:
Post installation scripts:
- Download for use: CA Business Intelligence r3.2 for Spectrum IM r9.2 for Windows DVD 1 of 3 DVD03144447E.iso.
- Disable the integration between Spectrum IM and BOXI:
- Go to the Report Manager Admin Tools page on the One Click web console.
- Disable the integration using the "Business Objects Integration" link.
- Next, go to "Manage Business Objects Content".
- Click the "Remove Content" button.
- Continue to the post-install steps below.
To run just the Spectrum post-install:
- Copy the CA_NVM_EXE directory from the patch directory on the CABI install media to the BOXI machine.
- In that directory, run the following script:
- For Solaris/Linux: nvm_boxi_post_install_unix.sh
- For Windows: nvm_boxi_post_install_windows.exe
This does not deploy the Well-known parameters WAR file.
To deploy the well-known parameters using CAF Deploy:
- Find cafdeploy.tar.gz on the CABI install mediaUnzip to a temporary location
- Run this command:
./cafdeploy -d <caf directory> -u administrator -p <BO_password> -l logfile
The <caf directory> is found on the CABI install media
- Re-enable the integration and re-try the reports.