After downloading CM 8.1SP1 ISO image to my PC I need to move it to the OS/400 into a Virtual Media Device to complete the CM upgrade process.
Load Software to Your System
CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVRT01) RSRCNAME(*VRT) TEXT('Virtual Optical 1') - vary on device
CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(TOCHANGES) DIR('/imgclg/)
Now FTP the two desktop files from your PC to the iSeries in binary:
- Type FTP (to start your FTP session)
- Type OPEN xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (the x's are the TCPIP address for the AS/400)
- Enter your user id and password
- Type QUOTE SITE NAMEFMT 1 (this sets the naming convention)
- Set the transfer mode to binary; type: BIN
Change directory to library where you will put the Save File; type CD /imgclg
Use the 'put' command to move the save file; type: PUT xxxxx.iso
Exit the FTP session; type: QUIT
Now you need Add Image Catalog Entry
ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(TOCHANGES) FROMFILE('/imgclg/disk1.iso')
You will need to do the same for the second disk if you have a CM Receiver.
Now run the following command to Work with Image Catalog Entries.
WRKIMGCLGE IMGCLG(TOCHANGES) and type a 6=Mount to mount the disk image.
Now run the following command again to Work with Image Catalog Entries
WRKIMGCLG TOCHANGES and type a 8=Load to load it to OPTVRT01
Side Note: Now you are ready to Upgrade
- ENDSBS IMCOM *IMMED
- Back up Y2SYCR and Y2SYCM to save files in case there is a problem before the upgrade.
- Ensure that there are no locks on Y2SYCM or Y2SYCR
- LODRUN OPTVRT01 (this will start the upgrade)
- Obtain license keys for both before the upgrade. To apply add either Y2SYCR or Y2SYCM to library list, and type RESET, type in license keys and hit enter.