Getting message "java 1.8.0_101 was unexpected at this time" when trying to install or uninstall the Tomcat service with CA Output Management Web Viewer for Windows 12.1
Apache Tomcat, Java
The JAVA_HOME OR JAVA_JRE Sytem Environment variable was set incorrectly or not set at all
- Determine if you have the Java jre (Java runtime) or the jdk (Java Development Kit). Either will work.
- Set the JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME variable to point to the path for the jre in the system variables, for example:
To permanently change a System Environment variable setting: (This may vary according to Microsoft Operating System level)
- Select the 'System' icon from the Windows control panel
- Select the 'Advanced System Settings'
- Select the 'Environment Variables' option
- To modify an existing variable, find and change that variables current value by selecting 'Edit' or
- To create a new system variable entry, select 'New' and enter the applicable variable name and value
- Select 'Apply' to save these changes
- Reboot the system.
In most cases these variables are set automatically when JAVA is installed, but in certain cases the variables will need to be added or modified