Remote DSM Explorer component installed on XP or Vista cannot connect to the Domain \ Enterprise Manager. This is because, default domain is not set or there are multiple DMs in the Environment.
- Open DSM Explorer
- It will give the error mentioned in the issue.
- Click on OK
- You should see a Blank DSM Explorer window opened.
- Right click on the text DSM Explorer on the left hand side window.
- Select Browse Domains.
- Enter the name of the domain that you are trying to connect.
- Enter the appropriate credentials.
- Once done, you should be able to access the domain.
- If you are able to access the Domain without any issues, then right-click on the Domain Name on the left hand side and select "Set as Default Domain".
- Close DSM Explorer and open it again. Check whether you receive the same error again.