This is based on a customer request to report the JVM version details in a report, it is designed so it should work in any environment to retrieve details for all agents.
It relies heavily on features of the Workstation
Relevant for any current APM release
1 Configure a metric grouping of the Java Version.
In Workstation, highlight the Java Version metric of any agent and right-click. From there you can create a metric grouping.
2. In the Management Module Editor, we have put the metric grouping into the System management module as an example.
Once we change the radio button to "Use Management Module Agent Expressions" we will get the data output for all agents.
3. You can already export data as CSV at this point
Example of exported data including related headers.
Domain, Host, Process, AgentName, Resource, MetricName, Record Type, Period, Intended End Timestamp, Actual Start Timestamp, Actual End Timestamp, Value Count, Value Type, Integer Value, Integer Min, Integer Max, Float Value, Float Min, Float Max, String Value, Date Value
SuperDomain,lewda16-rhel72dxc,DxC Agent,Logstash-APM-Plugin,,Java Version,Unknown,15,Tue Mar 20 11:53:30 GMT 2018,Tue Mar 20 11:53:15 GMT 2018,Tue Mar 20 11:53:30 GMT 2018,1,String,,,,,,,1.8.0_121 ( 64 bit )
4. You can then create a New Report Template in the Workstation. Add a table and select your metric grouping.
Click the Override Template Default Time Range and set to 1 minute, we don't need to run a historical query.
5. In the DIsplay properties tab, make sure the Table Columns option is set to "Text Value" so that we can see the JVM version in the table.
An example of the created report is shown below:
6. Once the report is created, it can be generated in the Workstation or using the command-line workstation.
Note: in WebView, the metric grouping has to be created manually, the CSV data cannot be exported, and the Report cannot be created so this is very much reliant on the Workstation.
Link to documentation about using CLW to list and generate reports