After importing the same Excel sheet into Agile Requirements Designer multiple times, I get a different diagram/visual flow each time. For example, all the process blocks turn to decision blocks when they should be the same after importing.
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD)- Agile Designer 2.1
This is a known defect in the ARD 2.1 GA release. It has been fixed in the ARD 2.2 GA release.
The first recommended resolution is to upgrade to ARD 2.2. You can do this by going to the Download Product section on https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome.
If you are unable to upgrade to ARD 2.2, you can open a support case and we will provide a patch for this issue.
1. Open a support case by going to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or calling CA Customer Care at one of these numbers http://www.ca.com/us/company/contact-us.html. Please reference this knowledge document,TEC1452534, in the problem description.
2. Support will upload a patch to the support case. Here are steps on how to download it:
- Login to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/newhome
- Hover over the 'Case Management' icon and choose 'View Cases' from the list that appears.
- Enter in the support case number in the search field text box.
- Click the 'Go' button.
- Click on the case number from the results list.
- Click on the 'File Attachments' tab.
- Choose the 'File Transfer Using Thin Client' option.
- Click on the 'files_from_CA' button.
- Choose the file you need to download.
- Click the 'Download' button.
3. Apply the patch using these instructions:
- Take a backup copy of your ARD directory folder and place it outside the GridTools folder. The default location for that is C:\Program Files\Grid-Tools\AgileDesigner.
- Extract the zip file over your ARD directory folder.
- Restart Agile Designer by either double clicking on the icon on your desktop, or by going to C:\ProgramFiles\Grid-Tools\AgileDesigner and double clicking on the AgileDesigner.exe.
- Re-test Excel import option multiple times.
- Your issue should now be resolved.
If you are still experiencing unexpected results while using the Excel importer, please review our documentation on this feature to make sure the format of Excel you are using is supported: https://docops.ca.com/ca-agile-requirements-designer/2-1/en/exporting-and-importing/general-importer
If you experience any issues, please open a support case by going to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or calling CA Customer Care at one of these numbers http://www.ca.com/us/company/contact-us.html.