We have a customer who wants to monitor when a server gets switched on. Is there a probe or configuration that can be used to do this without raising any other alarms except when the server is switched back on?
- If the monitored server is monitored by the vmware or xen_desktop probe then there is a powerstate metric that you can use for this
- If the monitored server is physical or not monitored by vmware or xen_desktop then there is no probe that will generate this but there is a workarround
- The NimAlarm utility allows you to generate an alarm via a batch file.
- create the batch file and configure the server to run this on startup.
- This will create the desired alarm