1. The first thing to do is gather some information regarding the trap. You will want to determine the variable binding that contains the Status Change attribute, as also check that same Status Change OID to find what possible power status options the trap can send.
To find the Status Change variable binding, first use a search tool to look for the AlertMap which contains information on event 0x002104b2. Search the <SPECROOT>/SS/CsVendor for this information. Once found, you should see an entry in the AlertMap like the following:
# cefcPowerStatusChange # cefcFRUPowerOperStatus
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 0x002104b2 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.1.2(1,0)\
# cefcFRUPowerAdminStatus 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1.1(2,3)
"18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 " is the trap OID. The cefcFRUPowerOperStatus is the options for the power supply status. This is Event Attribute "1" as designated by the (1,0) at the end of the OID.
2. Next, look up the Trap Details in MIB Tools. Search the trap OID 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 and view the Information on it:
As you can see, cefcFRUPowerOperStatus "on" = (2)
3. Then use Event Configuration Editor to start creating the events needed.
- Copy event 0x2104b2 2 times, creating two custom events. In this example we created 0xfff00007 and 0xfff00008
- in ECE, look up 0x2104b2. Select it and click the COPY button.
4. Next is to create an Event Condition on event 0x2104b2:
On event 0x2104b2, create this condition:
If event attribute 1 != 2, then generate event 0xfff00007
If event attribute 1 = 2, then generate event 0xfff00008
5. Next step is to edit the Events 0xfff00007 & 0xfff00008.
Edit event 0xfff00007 so that is asserts and alarm and edit the Alarm Title and Cause code, and any other options you want.
Then edit event 0xfff00008 to clear 0x2104b2.
6. Make sure you SAVE your work. in Event Configuration Editor, choose File > Save All
7. Then reload events by update Event Configuration:
1. in OneClick, access the VNM Model
2. Go to Information tab > SpectroSERVER Control subview
3. click Update Event Configuration