For reporting or auditing purposes, it may be useful to have an activity log entry generated when a field is updated.
To do this follow these steps - for this example we will use the extra field in the call_request object called "string1":
- create an activity association as follows:
- symbol = string1
- code = string1
- object type = Request/Incident/Problem
- object type attribute = string1
- activity type = Field Update
- log me = Yes
- Open Web Screen Painter Schema Designer
- drill down to the "cr" object and expand it
- click on the "string1" field
- on the right side (in the properties section) click the "Advanced" tab
- in the bottom box called Site-Defined UI_INFO type the following: +AUDITLOG()
- click the save button on the top
- click file > save-and-publish
- Exit Schema Designer, and exit Web Screen Painter
- Stop CA Service Desk Manager services
- Run pdm_publish
- Start CA Service Desk Manager services back up
NOTE: To use the string1 field on an incident or request, you may need to use Web Screen Painter to add that field to the detail_in or detail_cr form.
Now you can create a new ticket and save it, then edit it again and update the form field that is linked to the string1 field, then save again. You should now see an activity log entry generated for the update of that field.