- The CA API Gateway ("Gateway") may not start up if it cannot reach a syslog server during the startup process.
- The following is an example of the error seen in the logs on startup:
- <date> WARNING <thread#> com.l7tech.server.log.syslog.impl.MinaManagedSyslog: Syslog connection attempt failed (MessageSender-UDP-<host>:8080)
- This affects Gateway version 9.3, including CR1.
- This is a defect in the product and will be fixed in a future release.
The syslog configuration on the Gateway must be disabled prior to start if this issue arises.
- Drop into MySQL as a privileged user of the SSG database. This requires terminal access.
- Run the following command in MySQL to disable the syslog server which isn't reachable by the Gateway: update sink_config set enabled=0 where name='<syslog_server_name>';
- Replace syslog_server_name with the name of you the syslog which isn't reachable during startup.
- For optimal performance - ensure that the Syslog server is located on the same network as the Gateways nodes writing to it.
- This is an acknowledged defect and will be resolved in a future release of the Gateway.