Access to CA Clarity PPM functionality is defined by the type of named users. What are the License Type Names and how are they defined?
When the License Information portlets were first introduced in CA Clarity PPM 12.1, the License Type Names were defined as 'Managers', 'Team Members' and 'View Only' users.
Effective with CA Clarity PPM 13.2 Generic Patch #4 and CA Clarity PPM 13.3, the 'labels' for License Type Names will change. The functionality and usage will remain the same.
- 'Managers' = 'Full' : Users have full use of the functionality in CA Clarity PPM
- 'Team Members' = 'Restricted' : Users have specified limited use of functionality
- 'Viewer' = 'View Only' : Users can view information but cannot create or edit information
There is one additional user type for customers who also own CA Agile Vision (v13.3):
- 'Vision Timesheet' Users have the right to enter time into Clarity via the Clarity Agile integration
All users are named, not concurrent. Only "Active Users" are counted as licensed users.
The new user types are reflected within the application : Administration menu, License Information Portlets link.
If the Reports - 'User License and Activity' and 'User Access Rights' do not generate data output, change the system configuration to use the new License Type Names.
- Within the CSA, Server Properties: System configuration page, pick 'Full, Restricted, View Only' for the License Types field.
Reference TEC599354 : Clarity 13.2 Generic Patch available to resolve reported issues
Reference Functionality by License User Type (v12.1) documentation on license functionality and usage.
Reference CA Agile Planning Product pages