For the Analyst interface, how do I hide CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) Urgency values that my Organization does not use?
In order to hide the unused CA SDM Urgency values, it is necessary to modify the corresponding form for ticket type you would like to hide Urgency values on.
For example, Incident Form = detail_in.htmpl, Problem Form = detail_pr.htmpl, Request Form = detail_cr.htmpl
The urgency values will need to be referenced by their “id” values as per the extract below:
id del enum sym nx_desc value
1100 0 0 1-When Possible Requires an available response 1
1101 0 1 2-Soon Requires a temperate response 2
1102 0 2 3-Quickly Requires a timely response 3
1103 0 3 4-Very Quickly Requires an escalated response 4
1104 0 4 5-Immediate Requires an instant response 5
1. Open the relevant form in Web Screen Painter.
2. Find the line containing the following in the source tab.
3. Modify this line, append a whereclause to the end of the line before the >. The whereclause will denote the Urgency values that will be displayed.
i.e. whereclause="id = 1100 or id = 1102 or id=1104"
4. File menu --> Publish
5. Run pdm_webcache
6. Clear web browser cache.
The modified form will now only display the selected Urgency ids. The Priority Calculation works with this customization as of today. The priority calculation matrix will need to be modified to accommodate the hidden values
- This document is provided as an example of a customization. There may be limitations to the support for this customization. As with all CA SDM changes, please test the behavior in a non-PROD environment before implementing in a CA SDM production system.
- There is a known limitation in which a custom change at the Object layer that involves the Urgency field, such as making it a required field on Incident/Problem/Requests, may break this customization. An example is if one finds code such as this in wsp.mods:
MODIFY cr urgency
ON_NEW DEFAULT 0;
One may consider an alternate method of customization. For instance, in making the field required for incidents, but masking out certain Urgency entries, one may consider this change to the detail_in.htmpl web form, removing the above change in wsp.mods:
<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Urgency" attr=urgency evt="onBlur='manual_modify();detailSyncEditForms(this)'" lookup=no make_required=YES whereclause="id = 1100 or id = 1102 or id=1104">
- See also TEC1219093 which discusses a similar method to masking our Urgency values for Employee based users.