When trying to create a cost plan in a project for 2016, I click on 'New from Task Assignments' in the Actions drop down but get the following message:
"Fiscal time periods do not exist, or are inactive for the investment's scheduled dates. Either change the investment dates, or create and activate the missing time periods."
All Fiscal Months for 2016 have been created and are active.
When using the population method to create a new cost plan from Task Assignments or from Team Allocations, the application will fill in the Fiscal Period Type with the default type selected on the Entity associated with the project's Department OBS Unit. If you do not have an active period that can be retrieved for both the Start Period and the Finish Period for the Fiscal Period Type, then the error message is generated and you cannot create the plan.
Check the following configuration to ensure you have the setup required to create cost plans using these actions. When you have multiple Entities created within a system you need to check for the Entity associated with the project.
- Look closely at the New Financial Plan properties page where the error message is displayed
- Make a note of the Fiscal Period Type shown
- Look to see if the Start Period and Finish Period fields are blank
- Go to the Project general properties page
- Make a note of the Project Start / Finish Dates
- Make a note of the Department OBS Unit
- Go to Home, Departments - Find the Project Department OBS Unit and identify the Entity associated
- Go to Administration, Finance: Setup, Entities
- Find the Entity associated with the Project and open up the properties page
- Check the Fiscal Period Type set as the default for this Entity
- Go to 'Fiscal Time Periods' tab
- Filter for 'Period Type' = value selected on Entity properties page and 'Active' = All
- If periods exist, check the dates and that they are active
- If periods do not exist, create new ones to cover the date ranges needed for the project and activate
- NOTE: once periods are activated and used in the application, the dates cannot be changed unless you can remove them from use first
- Go to the project and try to create the cost plan again using the 'New from Task Assignment' or 'New from Investment Team' actions
Reference TEC444464 : REVMGR-20971: Time periods do not exist for the duration of the project
Reference TEC550794 : Is there a way to modify, archive or deactivate Fiscal Time Periods that have already been used?