This was reviewed by our Sustaining Engineering team as CLRT-59397 and determined to be working as expected.
- The date stored in the database is +1 day because Idea's Finish dates default to a "midnight" date.
- However, in the case of projects, the date also has a time component. For example a project's finish is usually 5pm, so then the date in the database would match what you see in the UI. In this case the date doesn't represent 'midnight' and therefore isn't +1 day.
Workaround: Change the end time of the Idea Finish Date field to be earlier then 12:00 am, then the PPM UI and DB will match.
To do this:
- In PPM, go to Home->Ideas
- Click on Options then Configure
- Move Finish Date to ‘Selected Columns’ if not there already
- Click Save
- From the 'List Column Section' drop down, select ‘Fields’
- Click the properties icon next to ‘Finish Date’
- In the ‘Date/Time Format Scale’ drop down, select ‘Day Time’
- Click ‘Save and Return’ then click ‘Return’
- In the Finish Date field, change the Time of the Idea from 12:00 AM to an earlier end time such as 5:00 PM, then click Save.