Following error is received when we try to join a new host system with Fullly Qualified Domain Name into an existing eHealth cluster:
nhJoinCluster -host <hostname with FQDN> -useStdDac yes
Validating supplied host ..Fatal Internal Error: Rcs timed out waiting for an ack for message 'CuIpcMsg'. Current state is 'needAck'..
eHealth 6.2.2 and above installed on Windows / Linux / Unix operating systems
The error means that provided hostname could not be contacted in time. It could either be due to network issue or DNS configuration.
As mentioned in the root cause, there are multiple factors that could be causing this error in cluster communication. To resolve this problem, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Verify whether your cluster members are registered with either their fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or the short name.
- Confirm the hostname of the poller you are referencing in the -host parameter is correct, by using the following command on that machine
Make sure you are using the name you see in the list.
- Try to join cluster without using FQDN, if the above command returns name without domain name
- Do DNS lookup for the same hostname and ensure its reachable from this new system.
- Ensure DNS entries of all cluster systems are made in local hosts file