After uninstalling the CA APM (Asset Portfolio Manager/ITAM), There must have been some internal failure, because in the reinstall the executable informs CA APM is already installed.
CA APM (Asset Portfolio Manager/ITAM) 14.x and 17.x
<< Steps to uninstall CA APM (Asset Portfolio Manager/ITAM) completely >>
- Perform SQL backup
- Ran an uninstall from add remove programs
- Ensure that there is noAPMWebSite. on IIS
- Remove all ITAM related folders (save your attachments prior to uninstalling ITAM, path <itam root>\Storage)
- Clean up ITAM registry entries under KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CA\Shared\ITAM
- Run the DBCleanUp utility for ITAM only
- Verify that there are no itam related entries in al_cdb_configurationparameters table. If they exist, please delete them.
- Verify that there are no itam related entries in al_cdb_componentinstallstate table. If they exist, please delete them.
- Ensure that there is no entry with name "component server" in the al_cdb_installedcomponentstate table. If it exists, please delete it.
- Run iisreset
- Restart the server